Friday, August 11, 2006

Back and Forth with Barbara

I called Barbara this morning, first thing, to let her know that we were interested in Chance, but had a few questions. She just called back at 1pm and I suspect that's when she got into the office today, as I called her a few times only to hear yesterday's phone message. She says she'll pass on our questions and let me know as soon as she has a reply.

I always wonder, though, does it hurt our cause when there are delays like this? Barbara actually had Chance's information on Wednesday. Did her delay in getting it to us (not until Thursday afternoon) and then the delay in the delivery of the questions (not until this afternoon) cause Chance's case worker to pick other families for committee? Usually there are more than three families that the case worker is dealing with when trying to schedule committee. And, in this case, Barbara told us that Chance's case worker is anxious to schedule committee. If we don't end up going to committee for Chance, I'll have to wonder if this was part of the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment