Friday, July 11, 2008

The "Plan"

Now I'm even more aggravated. Barbara called and left a message, saying that she has a plan in place. What's the plan? For us to pay for respite care. We have to call the respite family and negotiate with them for respite care. WTF?!?!?!

He's supposed to be going to a foster care family! Even when the plan was "respite" that was just a polite name for a temporary foster care placement. That's what we decided at the meeting. This is not a temporary respite from our family. This is him moving on.

How long are we supposed to be paying for respite!?!?!?! How long will he still really be our responsibility!?!?!?!

I'm so angry and upset. As we never finalized, I could just dump him on their doorstep, but instead, I'm suppose to now organize respite care for him!?!?!?!?!?

I feel like calling her back and saying, "Just come get him. We're done." But, that's not in his best interests. However, if there is much more of this BS, we might have to do that. Give them a kick in the pants to get things going. Because it's not in his best interests to stay here, either.

3 comments:

  1. When you were working toward adopting a child, you had to stay on Barbara's good side so she'd stay on yours.

    You're no longer operating under those constraints. The woman MUST have a supervisor. Battalions of them, I'm sure. She's at best bubble-headed. At worst, incompetent. Start screaming.

    I'm sorry this is still going so badly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is past what is in his best interest.

    As Ami said...start screaming. You need to call her back *hell* I'll call her...and let her know that the battle lines have been drawn.

    You are no longer planning on adopting him. He is in your home ow as "foster care" they owe YOU $175 week for daycamp/daycare. They OWE you respite and/or foster subsidies. Get off your hiney ass and do something OR I can call an attorney...tell you have called an attorney AND the local news authority.

    No longer need to "please" her. If you want to adoptagain..I am sure you probably have figured it will not be threw the foster care system, right?

    I would be making some phone calls. Heck, you know what...he runs away..you call the cops (we did that) and THEN refuse to let him stay in your home. He is not safe to be around Davan. Plain cut simple and dry. Guess what..the authorities will have to call the oncall person...and they can/will decide what happens. Pych hospital or whatever.

    I am all about what is in the best interest of the child...EVERY CHILD IN THE HOME!!!!

    ((((HUGS))) need a ear...email me. gardiner94@gmail.com I'm here. Trust me I really am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and one last thing...

    i learned this from another adoptive mom who disrupted....


    One word for them...

    asshats! sorry that wasn't very nice...but it is what comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete