Friday, December 19, 2008

Watching the Snow Pile Up

We've canceled our Safari Sams plans for tomorrow. The snow is piling up like crazy and is supposed to pile up even more starting tomorrow afternoon. Driving to a place that takes an hour to get to in good weather tomorrow in the nasty weather doesn't sound like a good plan. Davan was a sad, sad girl to hear it, but is doing fine now.

I'm off shortly to procurer the necessities for celebrating at home. We'll still do Safari Sams another day, but tomorrow will still be special with the food Davan wanted, games she'd wanted to cram in around Safari Sams and probably a movie.

While I'm guessing the more main roads are doing okay, I'm reluctant to take the van out, so I believe I'll be walking for today's errands. It looks like a winter wonderland out there, so it'll be nice to walk in, I'm thinking, seeing as how I have stuff like ski pants. Otherwise, I'm thinking it wouldn't be so fun to walk in.

Davan and I may, finally, get that sledding in that we've been talking about today, too. Tomorrow the weather will be too icky for it with wind gusts up to 50 mph!

No comments:

Post a Comment