Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Time to Bite the Bullet Again

It's time to call Barbara and see if she has any new information for me. I don't even have an excuse for calling this time other than to see if she's done what she said she'd do. Usually, I call on the pretense of, "Should I come in and look at the books?" but I know that there aren't any new bulletins.

What I want to know is, "Have you made contact with the case workers for the kids that we're in limbo on? Particularly Elijah, Kamau and Thorn, as they are the three that we've gotten more information on and still have an interest in? Have you contacted the case workers of the kids that we picked out last week? Are they still available? Have you sent any of them our homestudy?"

The thing is that these are questions she should be calling me with the answers to after she's done with those tasks. So, it's hard to call and ask, but I will make myself. I promised myself I would if she didn't call yesterday and, surprise, surprise, she didn't.

It'd be so much easier if I could just do it, but instead I have to badger Barbara to do it and that's hard.

1 comment:

  1. Although Barbara doesn't appear to be working for you, she is certainly employed by you and by me and by the other taxpayers in this state. You have every right to call her about 'your' kids. I know you don't want to be pushy, but maybe she needs a little shove in the right direction. Personally, I am on the verge of going down there and chatting with her. Hmph. Call. Really.

    ReplyDelete