Monday, April 17, 2006

So, my first post for the Mournful Cry of the Laundry. First I guess I'll share with you the reason for the name. I emailed a friend and when I mentioned that I had to go tend to the mournful cry of the laundry. She replied, saying that "The Mournful Cry of the Laundry" sounded like the perfect title for the memoirs of a stay at home mom.

And that, I'm sure, gives you a clue as to who I am. While the term "stay at home" is a bit of a non-sequitur, that is my title. My DH, 8 year old daughter and I live in Gresham, Oregon. For those unfamiliar with the area, Gresham is a suburb of Portland.

We are a homeschooling family - particularly of the unschooling variety.

We are hoping to add to our family soon. We're in the (long, drawn out) process of trying to adopt a child from the foster care system here in Oregon.

I imagine I will mostly post about homeschooling and adoption. We shall see where it all leads, though.

I was inspired to start a blog after enjoying smooed food.

No comments:

Post a Comment