Tuesday, August 15, 2006

After a Weekend of Waiting...

We have more waiting. I called Barbara this morning to let her know that the cell phone was the best way to reach me this morning. Davan and I were out and about all day at the library, Powell's Bookstore (huge new and used bookstore for those who aren't Portlanders), lunch with Anthony and then to the Children's Museum with the library pass.

Barbara called back an hour or so later, saying that, in a short while, she had an appointment to try to speak with Chance's foster mother in order to ask her the questions we had after reading his paperwork. Apparently, Chance's foster mother is traveling, though, and was unable to make the appointment. Barbara says that the phone meeting should take place tomorrow.

All of this leaves me thinking, "Why didn't you just call her on Friday?" I suppose I have to give her the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she was overwhelmed with work on Friday. Perhaps she called Chance's case worker first and his case worker didn't get back to her until after close of business on Friday. Who knows?

Again, though, I have to hope that the fact that it's taking such a long time won't hurt our chances with Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment