Friday, January 25, 2013

Vlogging

Davan and I just finished up watching the Crash Course World History series.  We'd started watching back when they were pretty new after seeing it over at Homeschool Girls.  Then we got distracted.  However, we thought of it again at Christmas time in discussion with our visiting family.  Once we started watching again, we flew they them.

This started us down a whole rabbit hole of NerdFighters and Vlogbrothers.  We've been watching past Vlogbrothers vlogs and it's inspired us.  In fact, I've sent a couple of video messages out to friends/family.  It's so fun actually seeing and hearing the person you're communicating with, even if it's recorded.

Davan and I have decided to do a vlog a day until she leaves for Switzerland.  Now, today, you'll have to forgive us. We're sick.  I'm sick enough that I didn't go to work, which is rare for me.  I usually push through.  And I probably could have today, as well, but I really, really didn't want to.  So, we've been lounging around watching Vlogbrothers, reading books and taking turns on taking Ranger out today.  Well, I did make soup for us.  And we made muffins.  But, it's been a lot of lounging.  Now, all of a sudden, we're going to create a vlog from mostly new footage we take today.  Hopefully, we look better in future ones, but we're going for it anyway. 

We're about to start, but haven't figured out what we're doing yet, so I can't give anything away.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Al right maybe I will do one later today and send it to you guys. Great Idea. I know I loved seeing both of you in your videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Aren't the Green brothers the best???!! Have you watched Hank's Science Crash Course? It is awesome too. I can't wait to catch up. Off to 'watch' your newest vlogs.

    ReplyDelete