Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Christmas Crunch

Here I was, going along, feeling like I had plenty of time to get ready for Christmas. All of a sudden, as of last night, I'm feeling like there is a heck of a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. The shopping is done, including for food, but I still have to finish a few homemade gifts, wrap and do all the food prep. There isn't a lot of food prep for Christmas Day, as we try to stick to treat foods that don't need a lot of work. However, if I don't bring food on Christmas Eve, there won't be anything for Davan and I to eat, so we really need to take several items to make our meal enjoyable.

Throw into the mix the fact that today was our annual lunch at Todai and see the decorations downtown day, meaning that I did almost nothing about preparations, and one can see that I have a busy couple of days ahead.

I'm feeling a little worried, but also feeling like it'll probably all work out alright and not be too awfully stressful. Honestly, I actually go back and forth between panic and it'll be alright. On the panic side is all that I've listed above, plus knowing that I don't have that much time on Christmas Eve due to meeting friends for our annual Christmas Eve coffee and then dinner starting at 5:00 this year at my MIL's. On the it'll be alright side is that Davan and I worked really well together in the kitchen getting ready for Thanksgiving, which will, hopefully, repeat, and that we don't do very many gifts so there isn't that much to wrap.

Meanwhile, I'm off to bed because the it'll be alright side is winning at the moment, meaning I don't feel like I've gotta stay up until midnight working on things. Of course, the panic side might take over once I'm in bed, making me wish I'd just gone ahead and stayed up because at least I'd be getting something done rather than laying there, worrying and not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment