Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I finally spoke with Barbara...

And she had nothing to tell me. Sigh. She's been emailing with the committee scheduler to try to find a date that works for everyone for Zach and Kohl.

She didn't have her notes about conversations with Elijah's, Ka-Mau's or Savanna's case worker. She had to go to court this afternoon, but said she'd get back to me this afternoon with her notes in hand. Not only am I not holding my breath about this, but I'm also thinking that she probably hasn't spoken with them at all yet, as she's been very busy.

Picnic preparation calls, though, so I'm off to do that and have a fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. The more I learn about how this process works, the more aggravated I get that caseworkers aren't more concerned about the amount of time they're taking. How is not in front of them ALL THE TIME that these are WAITING CHILDREN???
    If I'm still holding my breath, then you must be turning blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To them, it's just a job. I think if they have it in front of them all the time that it's people's lives that they're messing with, they burn out.

    If I were the one in charge of my own case file, we'd be done with the process, I'm sure. However, I'm motivated to do it for me! Where's her motivation? Other than doing a job.

    It sucks, but that's my opinion on the matter.

    ReplyDelete