Saturday, June 03, 2006

Waiting Mode

When Barbara was back in the office on Thursday, I went over and looked in the bulletin book, which did have some new entries. Barbara was in a meeting when I was there, though, so I was supposed to call her back with the bulletin numbers of the kids I was interested in.

Three kids caught my eye: an 11 year old girl, a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. However, I couldn't get myself into the spirit of it, thinking about Alexis' committee coming up on Tuesday. Not much would happen regarding these three kids before Tuesday anyway, as Barbara is out of the office on Mondays. So, I opted to wait and see.

I'm feeling very much like I'm just in waiting mode right now. Up until now, I've been able to focus on picking new kids and such, but I seem to be done with that. At least I waited until the committee was close before feeling this way.

Yesterday I got to see an old friend - Trista! She, Connie and the previously mentioned on this blog, Chris and I were all friends in high school. Chris and I are still very close. Trista and Chris still spend time together, as well. Connie is in sporadic contact with all of us - we each get a Christmas letter, pretty much. Trista and I are pretty much only in contact through Chris anymore. However, she had a wedding to come to in the Portland area. Her brother is marrying a young lady who grew up here. Yay for me.

We had a nice lunch with dh and Davan then I went on a drive up the Gorge with her. It was great to see her and talk. It's amazing that even with our different life paths we still have so much in common and to talk about. It was really good to see you, Trista! Thanks for making the time amongst all of your family obligations!

Davan had a birthday party last night for her oldest friend. She and Laurel have been friends sense they were babies. Laurel goes to school, so her friends were all school friends except Davan. Davan was nervous, but ended up having a great time. It was a slumber party, but Davan's not doing sleep overs right now, so we picked her up at 10pm.

For dh and my's evening free? We went to Trader Joe's. Wild and crazy us.

No comments:

Post a Comment