Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The latest kid news

Over the weekend, we decided that we would go ahead and proceed with Thorn. We have a few more questions about Elijah, as we're trying to be pretty careful there. He is an older (than Davan) boy that we'd be bringing into the family, so we want to be pretty sure before we move on. There is a lot about Elijah that appeals, though, so we don't want to pull out of the running for him at this point.

We did, finally, get the adoption child summary for Colin in the mail today. Unfortunately, we were scared off. I don't think we'll proceed. I hope that the right family for Colin is out there.

I asked Barbara today if there were any new bulletins in. She told me that the person who was organizing the bulletins is no longer employed there. She doesn't know who is looking after the bulletins or if any new ones have come in, but she said she'd try to check that out for me. She did also tell me, though, that she had a very busy afternoon in front of her. In other words, who knows if there are new bulletins or when we'll find out. Or something like that.

Committee for Zach and Kohl is two weeks from today. I'm already feeling somewhat keyed up, which isn't a good sign. I think I'll need to stay busy for the time to pass without undue stress. I'm both very excited about the possibility of these boys being our sons and very nervous about the possibility of two.

In other life, Davan started a gymnastics class yesterday that seems a bit boring for her. She feels like it's below her level, but wants to stick it out for another week or two to see if it gets more interesting.

Davan bridged from Brownie to Junior in Girl Scouts at an event at our local park last night. Even with temperatures above 100 degrees yesterday, the park was shady and relatively cool. We had a nice picnic dinner, joined by my MIL and the girls had a good time playing at the park. I also owe a big thanks to my friend, Carol, for sewing on Davan's insignia and patches at the last minute so that she could change right into her junior vest after crossing the bridge.

This morning was homeschool park day, which wasn't well attended today due to a mixture of events (soccer camp for three families, sickness for one, dentist appointment for another, ect), but was still nice. It was nice and cool in a shady park this morning. I'm glad it's not so hot today!

It was still warm enough for Davan and I to enjoy a couple of hours at the outdoor pool this afternoon, though. We got in some diving and general playing. It even felt cool to be wet out on the deck when there was a bit of a breeze.

After dinner with my FIL out back this evening (lovely evening for eating outside), Davan, dh and I ran off to our first Tae Kwon Do class this evening. It was interesting. We all enjoyed most of it, although each had a bodily complaint afterward due to the different styles of standing and sitting. Davan is feeling motivated to earn a headband. We were told that we could earn headbands for mastering 4 kicks and/or for learning the first 8 steps in the simplest form. Once one earns both headbands, one can move on to intermediate. I'd be interested in continuing, but right now we're driving kind of far and I'd rather find someplace closer. What we like about this, though, is that we can all be in class together.

No comments:

Post a Comment