Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Waiting, waiting, waiting…

I haven’t heard from Barbara yet this week, in spite of calling her twice yesterday. I’m anxious to know when Zach and Kohl's committee will be because it might be quite soon.

Also, there are two other kids that we should be going to committee for; Elijah and Ka-Mau (I went to link for Ka-Mau and his page is gone. Perhaps because his committee has been scheduled?). I want to hear about them, too.

In addition, I asked Barbara to let Savanna's case worker know that we are very interested in her and I'd like to hear how that conversation went.

It was over a week ago that we said we were still interested in Elijah, Ka-Mau and really wanted Savanna's case worker to know of our interest in her. I know that, as of Friday, however, Barbara hadn't moved on any of that because she was asking me some questions to clarify some notes she took during that previous meeting. Sigh. I hate having to depend on someone else for such an important thing.

I haven’t called yet this morning because I want to give her a chance to call me so I’m not being too pushy. If I haven’t heard from her by this afternoon, though, I’ll call again.

Today is the summer solstice and we’re planning a picnic dinner at the park this evening. Some friends will be joining us, with others chiming in as a maybe. We’re looking forward to it. Also today, Davan’s been anxious to go swimming for a while, so I think we’ll hit the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment