Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quick Update

Barbara called this morning before the meeting and asked me two questions. One was how available we could be for the transition weeks with Alexis living in Polk County. We might be making some evening trips down the first week or so.

The second question was what was it about Alexis that made us feel like she'd do well in our family and made us think we could parent her well. This was a hard one to answer on the spur of the moment, but I ended up saying that I thought she was a good match for Davan, which would make incorporating her into our family easier, and that I found the description of her personality appealing, even the wanting her way part, because I felt like that made for a strong personality. Oh, I also said that I found that her attachment to her biological mom was a very good sign for attaching and that we were certainly willing to facilitate continued contact between Alexis and her mom.

She might call again inbetween the child presentation and the family presentations if more questions come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment