Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sick!

You know what one of my least favorite things in the world to do is? Clean up puke. I have a pretty easy gag reflex myself, so it's really not fun.

Today Davan woke up and said that her stomach didn't feel so great. I asked if we needed to cancel the day's activities and she said, that, no, she felt like she'd be okay. After breakfast, she said she felt better. However, off and on she still said she was feeling iffy.

Just before gymnastics, she was burping sulfur burps. She still wanted to go, though.

Once there, she did warm ups, then came and said that her stomach just hurt too much. Now, I'm thinking to myself, are we seeing gymnastics induced stress again? Should we really not do this? Plus, it was sort of bad timing. After all, she hasn't come across as the most confident child at the gym so far. My first thoughts were all about how this looked, not about her well being, I must admit. Not that it was without reason. She did have some pretty good exaggerations this summer.

However, the faking question was set to rest by her puking all over the back seat on the way home. Then, I got to clean it up while she got to lay down with her book. What a deal. Sometimes you've gotta ask yourself why you signed up for this mommy gig anyway.

The good news is that she's already eating and keeping stuff down, so it seems to be short lived. I just hope that if there is more puke, it goes in the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment