Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Sick Day

The mild cold I had last week escalated into a not so mild cold this week. Yesterday was probably my worst day. I'm better, although not well, today.

I still had to get Max up and off to school yesterday. When I came home, though, and got Davan up, she was the sweetest kid ever. She told me that sense I wasn't feeling well, I should just go back to bed and she would take care of chores. And she did. She cleaned both bathrooms (hers and Max's was her chore - mine and Anthony's was mine). She made smoothies and brought mine to me in bed. She brought me tea. I had the sort of sick morning that I've dreamed of ever sense she was born. It was my best sick day in a really long time.

Of course, I did have to drag myself out of bed to shower and get together snacks before Max got home (early release day) so I could take the kids to swim lessons.

I laid back down when we got home, after getting Max into the bath. Post bath, Max came and read to me. He's supposed to read for 20 minutes a day, but up until this month, we've counted time that we read to him. He's a strong reader, though, and we want him to practice his skills - plus, that's what the school has in mind. We still read to him, but he has to do his 20 minutes himself, as well.

He started on a Little Bill book last night, which he thought at first that he wasn't going to be able to read. He did really well with it, though. He only needed help with one or two words per page.

After dinner of leftovers, which I'd planned anyway, but was good for being sick, as I didn't have to cook, I took Davan to gymnastics. 2 hours of sitting on a metal chair. Yay. Actually, I usually really like going to gymnastics. I like to watch Davan, but also the more advanced girls. And, for that matter, it's fun to watch the beginners flop around, too. Anthony would have taken her, but both kids had sports last night, so it wasn't like I was going to get to just lay about if I didn't take her. Max had basketball practice.

I've promised to take Davan to the Children's Museum today - I can just sit around and read, which isn't as good as laying in bed, but I'm not as sick as I was yesterday either - and I'd better get us on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment