Friday, February 15, 2008

Skiing!

We usually ski about once a week in the winter, but we haven't gone in a couple of weeks due to weather/illness. Today, though, Davan and I went skiing today with my parents. We had a really nice time. The weather was great...other than being too warm and thus, the snow was slushy and grabby by 11:30 or so. We left at 1:00 so that we would be home by the time Max got home from school, but we would have left by then anyway, as the snow conditions were to the point that it was not overly fun.

Plus, my parents had had enough skiing by then, as my step dad only skied once last year and my mom has only skied one other time in the last four years. Four years ago my mom did a number on her knee while skiing and had to have surgery. It is great that she is getting out there after that at all.

Max, though, had a rough morning. Lots of crying and fussing. He ended up having to go out the door with only one shoe tied because he delayed so much. He cried most of the way to school, even after I tied his shoe for him. Ah well. Can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment