Friday, March 12, 2010

Morning Routine Adjustment

We've adjusted our morning routine here a bit. I'm experimenting with a pre-breakfast, as the way the routine was before, I'd get up at 7:00, but not eat breakfast until 10:00. Davan only had a two hour gap.

We usually have an oatmeal cookie of some sort and a little fruit. Here is Davan's this morning:


We each had two grapefruit oatmeal cookies with some goji berries and cacao nibs thrown into the mix plus two strawberries.

I like eating then, but I don't always like to take the time to whip something up. It's easy if we have some cookies already made, but these oatmeal ones often don't last the day. Or, if I make apple oatmeal cookies, I only really make enough for the pre-breakfast and maybe an extra for Davan's breakfast tray.

We took a break from a tray for Davan and a smoothie for me to have pear oatmeal once this week, but most of this week, breakfast prep has looked like this:


Davan does most of the work of filling her tray while I make my smoothie and toss things in here and there. Notice the blender full of spinach behind Davan, as she cuts up her apple.

The other change is that Davan is waking up around 7:30 instead of 8:00 these days. We're each (separately mostly because I like to do things like bike and she likes to do things like trapeze) working out until about 8:30, then doing chores. All of this means we're done with our morning routine and eating breakfast by 9:30, which moves our day up a bit. I like it. If I want to do more of a workout - like a longer bike ride - I've been fitting it in later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment