Thursday, May 25, 2006

Another Listing

Yet another of "our" kids is up on the Oregon Waiting Children site.

Savanna

The fact that she showed up there doesn't surprise me. In fact, I expected Elijah to show up, also, as they are both in a harder to place age (being older than 10). Also, Savanna had a distrupted adoption, which actually kind of chaps my hide. When we were first looking at adoption (before we were paper ready), we saw Savanna on the site and were very interested in her. However, we weren't able to put in for her. I can't help but think that if we had been able to, her distrupted placement might not have happened.

I saw Barbara today and gave her our family book. She seemed pleased by it, so that's good. Also, she gave me more paperwork to do. It turns out that sense it's been a year sense our criminal background check, we have to do one again. If they'd just move faster, they'd save themselves a lot of paperwork! If we have to wait much longer, there are more things that we'll have to redo, as well.

Less than two weeks till Alexis' committee...Anthony's decided that he wants to be home to get the news, so he's coming home at lunch time on that Tuesday. I feel very up in the air about it, with not wanting to get too excited, but also not wanting to be totally unprepared mentally if the placement does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment