Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Somewhat Disappointing News from Barbara

I went to look at new bulletins today and had a conversation with Barbara. It turns out that we were the 4th family Hunter's case worker wanted for Hunter and all three of her first choices wanted to go to committee. Sigh. It's the same thing that happened with Ashlee.

We are still on for Alexis. I need to finish our family book for that committee. I have a couple more pictures I want to take. Then one more print making session and I'll put them in the book. We also made a 5 minute video of ourselves. These items will be presented at committee, but are really for Alexis (or whoever we adopt). It's to introduce the child to us.

I found out that we were not chosen for Jacob, who was one of the kids listed on the Oregon Waiting Children's site, but is no longer there. His case worker stated that she was looking for a different situation for him, but that she wanted to keep our homestudy at the office for other case workers to see.

I picked out four new kids to inquire about. Although, two of them are in the 10-13 age range we were originally considering, so Anthony and I need to talk about it before we pursue those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment