Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yet Another NWAE Showing

We've had another of "our" kids show up on the Oregon Waiting Children's site.

Kamau

I have yet to talk to Barbara this week, but I am planning on calling her tomorrow (as that'll be one week from my last call). I'm sure there'll be updates then, as usual.

Meanwhile, we're having a hot week here in the Portland area - quite unseasonable. I don't mind low 80's, but the 90+ days are too hot for me. DH came home hot, sweaty, tired and windblown from his 15 mile ride home from work yesterday. Wind and heat do not make a good combination for bike riding.

We're Survivor watchers, but did not watch the finale on Sunday because we were playing D&D. We recorded it, though, and watched tonight complete with a TV watching sort of meal. Big salads for everyone followed by cheesy bread (pizza with a drizzle of olive oil, Italian seasonings and a sprinkle of motz cheese) and/or pesto pizza (pesto sauce, thinly sliced garlic, toasted pine nuts, red onions, olives and a sprinkle of motz cheese). Then, as when I'd told Davan we were going to have a Survivor party she'd suggested cupcakes, vegan lemon cupcakes. Everything was too yummy and I over did it a bit. :/

I did manage to get out for a walk after the TV marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment