Wednesday, February 15, 2012

31 Questions to Ask Your Kids

Davan and I enjoy reading Peas and Thank You together.   However, it came to our attention today that she missed out on two posts there.  One is 21 Questions to Ask Your Kids and the other is 12 More Questions to Ask Your Kids. So, even though the questions are designed for younger kids, I told her she had to answer them herself before reading the posts.  By question #2, it was clear that I should be recording the answers for posterity.  So, here you go.


Oh, because we combined the two lists, some questions are virtually repeats.


1. What is something Mommy always says to you?


I love you.

2. What makes Mommy happy?

When the house is clean and she didn't have to do it.  Also when other people take the dog out.



3. What makes Mommy sad?

When she's sick.  And tired.  Or somebody else is sick and tired.

4. How does Mommy make you laugh?

By saying funny things.  And chasing me about with the camera.  And trying to pop my zits.

5. What was Mommy like as a child? 

I don't know what to say.  She liked to do gymnastics.  And she loved her mom.  And she moved to Colorado.

6. How old is Mommy?

40.

7. How tall is Mommy? 

5 foot 4.  (Thanks for the extra inch, Davan.)

8. What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do?

Read and run and do Pokelon. (mom couldn't spell it so I did)  (But Mom looked it up and it's actually Poekoelan.  Ha.)

9. What does Mommy do when you’re not around?

She reads and sometimes she cleans and often she does things on the internet and sometimes she's very mean.  (This is in response to the above exchange about Poekoelan.)

10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?

Running.  (Maniacal laughter from Mom.)



11. What is Mommy really good at?

Running and cooking.  And being and awesome mom.  Who is sometimes very mean.  (I am not at all a good runner. 10 minute miles are fast for me.  Just sayin'.  It's nice that she has such faith in me, though.)  (She is so a good runner. Don't listen to her. I think she's great. And anyway she's a lot better than a lot of people at running. Ha.)  (Fine.  Moving on.)

12. What is Mommy not very good at?

Sewing.

13. What does Mommy do for her job?

Takes care of me.  Makes things to eat.  And runs.  She's very good at it.

14. What is Mommy’s favorite food?

Oh, well, that really depends on the day.  I'm going to guess....Newman's Os.

15. What makes you proud of Mommy?

When Mom does really nice things for people and when Mom runs in races that I can't run.



16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Oh my gosh.  I don't really know any cartoon characters.  Um. ( not the um. That doesn't really exist.)  (in a whisper) What's a good cartoon character, Mom?  (I think we'll just move on.)

17. What do you and Mommy do together?

We hang out a lot when we're in the house and do chores.  We often watch TV together and do things on the internet.  Sometimes we go for walks together.  And we often play games together.

18. How are you and Mommy the same?

We both do Poekoelan and we both like to read.  And we both have short hair.  And be both have trouble sleeping.  And we both like to play games.  Yes. (Mom forgot how to spell Poekoelan again. Sigh)

19. How are you and Mommy different?

I do Do Jump and Mom doesn't.  And Mom sometimes puts things like lotion on her hands and slimy stuff in her hair and I can't stand putting on lotion or slimy stuff.  Well, I do put slimy stuff on sometimes, but...Oh, oh, oh!  And I can spell and Mom can't!

20. How do you know Mommy loves you? 

I know that Mommy loves me because she tells me and because she does nice things for me and I just know.

21. Where is Mommy’s favorite place to go?

Hmm.  Interesting question.  I think Mom has several favorite places to go.  Like the shelter at Elk Meadows and the couch and out for runs.  And the kitchen.  And wherever Dad and I and Ranger are.



22. What ingredients are mothers made of?

Out of words and love and chocolate and hugs.


23.  What kind of a little girl was your mother?

My mother was kind of little girls who didn't wear dresses very much.  And liked dogs.  And there's much more I could say, but I don't want to prattle on.

24.  What did Mom need to know before she married Dad?

She needed to know that he was a nice person and that he liked the same kinds of things that she does.

25.  Why did your mom marry your dad?

Because he is a very nice person and because he likes a lot of the same things that she does.  And because they very good with each other.

26.  Who’s the boss at our house?

Mom.  Definitely Mom, followed by Dad, then me, then Ranger.  And Licorice brings up the very rear.  (Licorice would dispute this.)  (True - Licorice does have some power over Ranger.)



27.  What’s the difference between moms and dads?

Dads are boys and moms are girls.  And, in our family, Mom likes to cook more than Dad.  Although Dad likes to cook pancakes on weekends - but you don't have to add that, Mom! - and Dad likes to ride his bike and Mom likes to run and do Poekoelan.  

28.  What does your mom do in her spare time?

She reads and cuddles with the dog and plays games and she hangs out with me.

29.  What would it take to make your mom perfect?

Gulp.  Oh, Licorice?  (pleading)  I think Mom's almost perfect anyway, but she would be perfecter if she was (looking scared) more happy because sometimes she seems like she's not.  (Moving in for a snuggle and requesting editing.  Ha.)

30.  If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

I like Mom just the way she is.  (clearly sucking up)  (so not sucking up. I just like her the way she is! Come on. You answer then mom. HA. She is having trouble. See?)  (Sadly, I can think of more than one thing to change.  One thing would probably be to have less anxiety.)

Gee, and then we ended on a somber note.  Perhaps we need to add one more question for a better ending.  Thinking....Davan is very excited that I'm making one up.

31.  When your Mom was little, what did she want to be when she grew up?

An airplane pilot?   A helicopter pilot like Oma!  (Note, my mom has never been a pilot, but she was medevac personnel on a helicopter for a few years.)  I mean, she wanted to be whatever Oma was doing at the time.  (Davan remembers the important part here - at least, at one point, I did want to be what my mom was, which was a nurse.  Later, I wanted to be an airplane pilot.  Thus, both answers are more or less true.  Still no edits for you, sister.  She was begging.  It was sad.) (I was not begging. I was snuggling and asking politely. These are very different things, mind you.)

3 comments:

  1. Very good and interesting posts on all the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this. I may borrow this idea. I enjoyed reading this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do borrow it! Although, you may want to do a better job of formatting than it appears I did. :)

      Delete