Wednesday, February 15, 2012

5 Questions to Ask Your Teen

Okay, so, as we had fun with the other questions, but they were for younger kids, I looked up questions to ask your teen and we're going to give them a go.  I think these are maybe supposed to be more open ended questions, so we'll see what happens here.

I think it's important to point out here, that I am quoting Davan from her spoken replies.  If she were writing them herself, her grammar and style would be much different.  Still, I'm not giving in to editing requests.

1. If you could spend this summer vacation traveling anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?

I would go to Switzerland to visit Lena because she'd be back in Switzerland by then.  Or I would go to Montreal and do camps there because I want to be a circus artist.

2. What’s the dumbest fashion trend at your school right now?

I'd just like to mention that I don't go to school and then I will say the dumbest fashion trend at Zig Zags.  The dumbest fashion trend at Zig Zags is those really baggy short shirts that only come down to there (gesturing at her midriff.)

3. If you could change the way we run things around here as a family, what would you like to see be different?

Well um.  I think I'm pretty happy with how things are run around here.  I think I might like to drive more when it's rainy, but I also think that riding bikes is a good thing.

4. What’s the biggest challenge you are facing right now?

Getting into the National Circus School or not.  And trying to decide if I got in if I'd go or not or where I'd go other than that.  But, mostly, just trying to get in.

5. What’s something you feel like people don’t really understand about you?

Ummm.  I don't know.  I feel like people understand me pretty well, most of the time.

These questions remind me a lot of the questions you get playing The Ungame, so if you like this sort of thing, I'd check out the game.  The one problem we have with the game is that the questions are limited.  While there are a lot of them, if you play often enough, you'll be cycling through.  We've found that we've developed answers to many of them and they're always the same, which makes it less interesting to replay after a while.

Davan and I are big talkers, so, for the most part, her replies don't surprise me at all.  Every now and then, though, something will come up that is a revelation.  In this set of questions, for example, I was a little surprised about the car in the rain reply.  While I know she doesn't love riding in the rain, I didn't think it was a big issue for her.

At any rate, talkers or not, these can be fun and/or enlightening.  If you find any good lists of questions, we're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment