Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am NOT Getting Sick

I have a robust immune system. I have a robust immune system. I have a robust immune system. This is my mantra.

I am definitely fighting something. Yesterday, in the afternoon, I started sneezing, feeling a bit of a sore throat and feeling run down. My mom is still recovering from her nasty flu-type illness. I spent a good deal of time with her on Saturday. Of course, on Saturday, I also spent a good deal of time climbing around inside Safari Sam's, which, I'm sure, is a brewing house for illness.

Here's the thing, though. I'm not getting sick. This, right now, is as bad as it's getting. Because, say it with me, "I have a robust immune system." I do, really. I eat healthy foods. I exercise. I'm pretty happy with my life. I'm not under undo stress. I have a robust immune system. I will fight this off.

I've been sick on Christmas day - like really sick - four out of the last five years. And last year, I was really sick just before and recovering on Christmas day. On the real Christmas this year, I was right as rain - totally healthy. I will not succumb to being sick on the day we're doing our traditional Christmas. I will not because I have a robust immune system.

I will not pass this on to Davan to have it interfere with her meet on Friday. Not only will I fight it off with my robust immune system, but Davan has a robust immune system, too, and will not even get mildly sick. Yup. Robust immune systems around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment