Friday, December 26, 2008

Relaxing and Recovering

It's the day after. It's not that we open presents and have a ton of stuff laying around or anything like that. However, we did have a holidayish period of time. We have some recovering and relaxing to do.

No one slept much on Christmas Eve, which was odd because it wasn't like we were full of anticipation. Davan just had one of her difficult nights of falling asleep, which meant that we all didn't sleep a lot. We did "sleep in" but not a lot of sleep was involved. It was more of a "relax in". So, this morning both Davan and I slept way in - 8:45 for us. Anthony woke up at 5:00 and couldn't get back to sleep, so got up. That's probably part of why I slept in so nicely, as much as I enjoy the morning cuddles, I don't sleep as well when Anthony is still in bed, too.

We're also in recovery from sugar overdose. I made smoothies this morning - a regular blueberry for Davan and a quit green one for Anthony and I of just oranges, frozen blueberries and lots of spinach. It totally hit the spot.

I called both my best friend and my mom to catch up and talk about how Christmas was.

We've been having all of these family days and, while this may be too much information, haven't showered in a while. So, we're each working our way through the shower today.

We've walked and sledded and such, but I haven't done any serious exercise for a couple of days and that's on my to-do list.

We have a few chores that need attention. Litter boxes, laundry, that sort of thing.

None of this is overly taxing and a lot of it is chilling out time, so a relax and recovery day is in store.

Tomorrow we'll actually drive someplace for the first time in over a week. We'll be off to Safari Sam's and out to dinner for Davan's final birthday celebration with my parents. We're looking forward to getting out of the house (other than for the snow) and spending time with other people, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment