Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Rough Day

Max is having another day on the rocks. He still seems to be having school issues - feeling unsettled. We talked some this morning about the other school options. This afternoon he told me he hated Highland and wanted to move to another school. Now.

He's showing is very anxious behaviors. Two weeks for the meds to kick in. Supposedly. Yesterday was one week.

Unfortunately, he escalated enough today that he'll be missing football practice this evening. He lied to us yesterday, saying that he didn't have any reading homework. Today he told me that he'd lied (only because I'd have known as soon as I looked at his book) and I decided that I wasn't going to let it go. I'm very tired of being lied to all the time. And lying about stuff he knows we'll find out about seems especially stupid. That's just saying, "Hey, I can lie all I want and there won't be any repercussions."

I let him know that because my patience was just about out as a result of being lied to and generally annoyed for the last couple of days, that he needed to get his list of stuff done post haste and then entertain himself in his room until dinner if he wanted to go to football this evening.

Well, he had some troubles, but was making it, when I found out that he'd lied about finishing a job. That was it for me. He's not going.

It just doesn't feel like this job gets easier. I can probably do it, though. It just isn't going to be fun. It'll be a job. His whole childhood. Probably. Maybe not. Maybe he'll change. Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment