Friday, May 09, 2008

An Up and Down Sort of Day

I think Davan is still working through the issues of me being gone. Odd, hun? From the supposedly well-adjusted child? But, there it is. Or it could just be the whole pre-teen hormonal thing. Or both. Anyway, she and I had some serious ups and downs today.

We did chores with her rather dragging along again. She's usually an enthusiastic participant. I hope it's not a new trend. I like the enthusiastic participant thing better. There was a minor fit (followed shortly by an apology) over her reacting kind of rudely to a question I asked and me calling her (very mildly) on it.

Then we went off to open gym, which deteriorated when she had trouble landing her cartwheel on beam. Sigh. I finally had to go sit down for a while, after which it was somewhat better.

We then had a peachy-keen (but expensive) grocery shopping trip. Oh! But first, we stopped at Target to get Max's prescription filled and there was a snafu. Lucky us. It's Friday and didn't get worked out, so no meds until at Tuesday at this point. Apparently, the nurse practitioner doesn't have a medicade number, so medicade won't pay and she was unavailable today to work things out. There is a cheaper medication that would work fine, also, and she even considered, that we could change to, but now it'll be at least Monday before it's worked out. Sigh.

Davan helped bring in and unload groceries after shopping with a pretty good attitude, then went outside to enjoy the sunshine. It was a nice afternoon after a cloudy morning. Davan ate lunch outside and played out there for a good two hours before it was time for gymnastics.

Max came home from school and announced that everyone should spend some time outside today because it was a nice day. I said, "That's not a bad idea. Davan's already been out there for an hour."

"She has? Oh." I think it took the wind out of his sails.

We dropped Davan off at gymnastics, then Max and I went to a near-by park to enjoy the sunshine. It's a park with a river, so we played at the water's edge for a while - throwing rocks and playing with the wet sand. Then we kicked the soccer ball around a bit. We had a really nice time. It's always great when that happens.

However, the 20 minutes that I wanted to watch Davan at gymnastics was not so fun, with Max being extra needy instead of playing in the play area with the other waiting siblings. Sigh.

We came home to dinner, which I'd mostly done before we left, but Anthony was working on. I helped finish up, ate with everyone and then went for a walk. It was a nice walk with nice weather, but I felt kind of sluggish for some reason. I don't really know why.

Anthony is itching for the computer for a while and then I think we're going to watch a House. Friday nights are nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment