Friday, May 02, 2008

Checking in From Pittsburgh

Here I am, in lovely Pittsburgh. No, really, it is. It's particularly lovely because my best friend is here. :) Yay.

We've been having an nice time so far - after my plane landed an hour late last night, resulting in a 2:30am bedtime for all. We slept in, had breakfast at home, went for a walk across a new pedestrian bridge. Well, the bridge is old, the pedestrian part is new. We went to REI so Chris could buy a personal flotation device on sale. We browsed through a book store. After a stop at the grocery store we came home to grill dinner. Chris made a great potato salad to go along with our green salad and grill stuff. Chris and Mike had burgers while Chris and I had grilled veggies. Yummy.

Now I'm lazing about on the couch, surfing, while Chris and Mike do the dishes. What luxury. I did help with the food prep, though. :)

I'm thinking about the family, wondering how their getting along. Davan was going to make pizza this evening, so I'm wondering how that's going. It's the first time. I hope she's doing okay and not feeling too anxious. She has gymnastics this evening and she told me that she noticed that doing active stuff helped with her anxiety - how self aware! - so that's good.

Honestly, I'm less worried about Max. It seems like he just is how he is. I bet things are going fine for Anthony with him. Or as fine as they usually go. Plus, being extremely honest, I still don't feel as bonded to him. I still hope that it'll some some day.

It's funny because when the nurse practitioner asked on Wednesday about if Max worries about stuff, we agreed that he did, a lot. However, Davan has even more anxiety than he does. The difference is...well, there are several. One is that it's not interfering with her ability to bond and develop. The other is that it's not coupled with low self esteem. Nor does she have abandonment issues. Thus, even though Davan is more anxious, Max is the one needed the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment