Monday, September 15, 2008

A Pain in the Neck

My neck is acting up again. It seems to do so periodically - maybe twice a year or so? I don't know. It's a pain, though. Pun intended.

My neck was making noises like it wanted to clench up for about a week when it finally did Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. This time it's the top of the neck on the left side that is acting up. Turning over was excruciating. I'm not good at sleeping in one position...when I finally convinced myself to face the pain of sitting up, I whimpered and gasped my way into some clothes, into the bathroom and out to get a hot pad on that neck of mine.

It wasn't long before the pain had radiated down into my shoulder, then laterally into the shoulder joint. Saturday was not fun, pain-wise. Sunday was better. I was hoping for near recovery today, but, alas, I had to get up at 4am to take some Advil, as it was back to seriously painful. Although, it is better now that I'm up and moving. More like Sunday. Maybe tomorrow it'll be just sore. One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment