Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thank You, Thank You (Bowing)

Thanks to Ami for awarding me with the Honest Scrap award. I would like to thank all the little people who helped me get to this point. First, my parents...blah, blah, blah...and, finally, to the person who checked out my books at the library today. It's because of all you that I am where I am today.

The rules are as follows:

A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep.

B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

As we're being truthful here, I think I'm going to have problems with both of these requirements.

A) I already feel like I bare my soul here, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

B) I will try to come up with seven bloggers to pass this award onto that Ami didn't already mention. (I read a lot of the same blogs.) However, I'm not at all sure that they read my blog and I'm not a big poster, so I don't know if they'll actually receive the nomination after I make it.

All that said, here we go:

1) When I was 11, I went through a shoplifting phase, until I got caught and the shop owner pressed charges because, out of the three of us who did it together, all 10 and 11, I "looked old enough to know better." It did put an end to my shop lifting, that's for sure. Up until that point, where we were trying to take most of the Hallmark store, I'd only lifted candy here and there. What the hell was I thinking?

2) I miscarried before I got pregnant with Davan. While I like and mostly embrace the idea that the spirit of that baby hung around and became Davan, I sometimes think, when Davan is showing her "special" side, what life might have been like with B.C.

3) B.C. was the nickname for that baby I miscarried. Anthony thought it stood for "baby coming," but really, it was the nickname my friend Chris came up with when I told her that I was pretty sure we'd conceived on her bathroom counter.

4) This you probably knew, but even though I gripe about Davan here, I would choose her over any other kid in the world to come home with me every day. And, you've noticed, I haven't shipped her off to school yet, so we must be getting along okay. Truly, though, I love her deeply and mostly even enjoy her company.

5) Sometimes I want very, very badly to go out to eat on non feast days. However, when we went out to eat at Chevy's for Davan's birthday last month, I had total sticker shock. I'm glad we don't eat out much, but I still really, really want to often. Why is that?

6) Even though I'm doing pretty well with my weight - mostly staying around 125 - I still don't like the fat on my belly. And I'm not anorexic about it. It's really there. People don't believe me until I show it and then then do.

7) I will be feeding Davan soup for lunch today. It's the same soup I served to her friend yesterday which said friend took a couple of bits of and then didn't eat. Notice that I'm giving it to Davan, not myself.

8) When Max lived with us, I worried that I would loose it and hurt him.

9) There are people I'd like to spend more time with, but I have a hard time initiating contact. What if they don't want to spend time with me?

10) While I'm morally against war, making it both funny that I was in the Army and so that I'd never recommend to Davan that she join up, I'd sort of like to do Basic Training again - at least the physical part - just to prove that I could do it better than I did the first time around, being much more able to suffer now than I could then. And I'd like to see what sort of shape I would be in at the end.

Now for the passing on portion of the festivities. I nominate the following blogs (most of whose authors probably don't read here, but never-the-less are worthy of the title Honest Scrap):

Miserable Bliss

Smiles and Trials

Growing While Shrinking

When Love Was Not Enough

Okay, so that's only 4, but I have to admit to not reading a ton of blogs - I keep myself strictly limited to reduce computer time. (And today, with the four posts, it really looks like that's working, eh?) I do read others, but not others I felt truly qualified. I mean, does blogging about food count? I decided not, even though I enjoy several of these types of blogs, whose authors do also do sometimes share about other things. Still, those didn't seem like appropriate recipients.

So, there it is. Ami is following the rules and I'm breaking them. Of course, if you read this blog and feel like you'd like to participate, please do and then let me know about it. Maybe I'm missing out on something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment