Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Book Review: Dragonsdale by Salamanda Drake

I listened to this book even though Davan warned me it wasn't very good. I kept listening even though I wasn't getting into it much because it seemed, at a couple points, like it was going to turn into more. I finally finished only because I was so close to the end. As you've probably surmised, I did not care for Dragonsdale.

Dragonsdale is the story of Cara who dreams of riding her favorite dragon, but, for reasons that are long kept mysterious (or not so much if you've got an once of sense), her father forbids it, even though he is the stud (what the dragon stables are called) master and she's been around dragons her whole life. Will she ever be able to ride? Is life worth living if she can't?

There are times when it seems like this book will turn into more with a rival stud not doing it's service to those who tithe to it and a lord who is inept. However, if you hope for this, you will be disappointed. No, instead Dragonsdale is like a bad horse lover's novel.

Dragonsdale is one of those rare books that will get less than a 5 from me that I actually finished for reasons other than book group. I give it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment