Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Breakfast Eats

I did a breakfast tray for Davan this morning:

Even though we'd actually just had an argument, dipping fruit in chocolate sauce (dates, water, raw cacao powder and raw almond butter) brought a smile to her face. She had, from the upper left corner, chocolate sauce, an apple, four dried unsweetened cherries, a vitamin stick, (second row) a kiwi, millet rice cereal, uncooked rolled oats, a raw almond butter and homemade raw cherry spread on a leftover chocolate chip pancake, (third row) a pear, a few frozen cherries, a small handful frozen blueberries and two prunes.

I did a smoothie. It's Wednesday and, even though I ate raw the last couple of days until dinner, Wednesdays are raw until dinner this month.

I was hungry after a CrossFit Kids session, an hour long bike ride and chore, so I packed the blender:


In there is what was left of last night's salad (mostly Romain and red leaf lettuce, but also a little green onion and radish), 4 stalks of celery, juice of half a lemon, 4 dates, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana and some water.

After blending, it looked like mud:


But tasted good. :)

I had a harder time with eating raw today than I did the last couple days. I had leftover coleslaw for lunch and was supposed to have a hefty serving of raw broccoli soup, but the soup was pretty awful and I wasn't able to eat much. I had a container of snacks (1 carrot, 1/2 cucumber, 1 bell pepper, 1 apple and 1 orange) with me (we were at homeschool skate), which was certainly enough volume, but I wasn't satisfied. When we got home I had a small spoon of raw almond butter with a bit of the homemade raw cherry spread and a couple of prunes. Then I felt better. I'm still looking forward to dinner, though. Too bad Anthony is working a bit late. Sigh. At least Davan is making dinner while I veg out on the computer for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment