Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Short Update

We've had a busy couple of days and, for some reason, my blogging motivation has been low. I've thought of posts in my head, but then I don't seem to sit down and type them in. These things happen.

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but without thinking of the camera, so hearing about the kitchen escapades is probably not overly interesting. Still, I will share that I've eaten raw-until-dinner for two out of two days of February thus far. I will again tomorrow because Wednesdays are always raw until dinner. I enjoyed how many veggies I got into myself so much on Monday that I did it again on Tuesday. A trip to the store is fast approaching, though!

I made green smoothies both mornings. Today's was three leaves of kale, a half a head of red leaf lettuce, three stalks of celery, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, juice and pulp of 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 a frozen banana, 3 mejool dates and some ginger root. Pretty tasty. It seems that the celery is a good part of the "fresh" taste I like. I don't usually buy it, and I feel pretty ambivalent about it and neither Anthony nor Davan like it, but I've gotten some from my mom a few times in the last month and, go figure, I like the smoothies I have with it.

Yesterday for lunch, I made a taco style filling from cauliflower, using the seasoning mix you can find a recipe for on line for walnut filling, shredded some carrots and used cabbage leaves for taco shells. They were really good. I also had a big salad.

Today for lunch was coleslaw and two pears. I'd been open to polishing off some leftover lentil dip, which is cooked, but we had to run out of the house before I got to it, which turned out to be fine. I was really hungry for dinner, though, which was a big salad and a large bowl of Mexican bean soup (red beans, pinto beans, salsa, onion, garlic, dash of Bragg's, and corn).

Also on the challenge front, I did yesterday's CrossFit Kids' workout, which went well. I'll try to be more creative with my next post!

1 comment: