Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lunch

I've got company - the first of my friends from high school who are converging on my house this weekend. Now, I thought that I'd posted about that, but, in searching my archives, it seems maybe not.

In high school, we were a gang of four, with offs and ons, of course, but it was pretty much the four of us. Only one of the four of us actually attended our 20 year high school reunion last summer. I came up with the idea of just getting us four together for a weekend. There were some false starts on the whole thing, but it's happening this weekend, here at my abode.

So far, only my best friend, Chris, is here. We've, as you can guess by the best friend moniker, stayed in touch over the years and visit each other often. The other two...not so much. I have to admit to being a little nervous about how it will go. Both ladies arrive tomorrow afternoon. We're all having lunch together (my family and my guests and I), then my family is leaving for the weekend so us four can bond and all.

Any-who, I didn't get around to snapping a picture of my lunch until it was almost gone, as I'm distracted with company. Chris, though, is working from my dinning room table, so, while she's somewhat distracting (and I mean that in the nicest possible way), our day is pretty typical even though she's here.

Here's what I made to feed the three of us (Davan, Chris and myself):

It's sweet potato hash and chard chips. Yum. Davan is thrilled, as they are two of her favorite foods.

Here's how to make the sweet potato hash, which fed the three of us:

2 good sized sweet potatoes, prebaked, then cut or mashed
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 cups corn
Braggs to taste
pepper to taste

Saute the onion in a little water in a large fry pan. When browned, add the garlic and bell pepper. Continue to saute until the pepper softens. Add Braggs and pepper and mix well. Add the sweet potatoes and corn. It's ready when it's warm.

Now, 'cause there's company and all, I'm going to go finish my lime cookies (Chris is a lime fan, but hates lemon. Go figure Luckily, Davan and I like both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment