Friday, February 26, 2010

March Challenge Musings

I've decided that I want to do something involving riding my bike for my March Challenge. It's coming up on bike season and we not only want to do another bike trip this summer (although we're thinking only a week this year due to other trips and vacation time restrictions), but I'm planning on completing my first century this summer.

I'm not sure exactly what the challenge requirements are going to be yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of a certain amount of miles per week or a certain number of days of biking, each with a 10 mile minimum. I'm thinking of looking through some of the Bicycling magazines we have laying around (Anthony is a subscriber) to see if there is a training plan that appeals to me. There are complete your first century articles at least once a year, so I should be able to find something. So, following the plan may be my challenge.

Meanwhile, I don't want to let my strength workouts slide too much, I also want to give myself the time for the biking. Thus, I'm thinking I'll probably continue the CrossFit/Rip's workouts, but reduce my number to three times a week.

I don't think I'll do a food challenge this month. I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm doing food-wise.

Of course, a complication next month is that we'll be in Colorado for a week and aren't planning on taking bikes. I'll have to figure that into the whole bike riding scheme.

At this point, I'm still musing, but this is the direction my musings are taking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment