Monday, June 02, 2008

Another Middle of the Night Shower for Max

It seems to be becoming habit. This time, though, the issue wasn't pee...

Anthony and I are snoozing away at about 3:15 am when Max shows up in our room, crying. He said there was cat poop in his bed and he didn't want to sleep in it. Hey, I wouldn't want to sleep in cat poop, either.

However, as there was no cat poop in his bed when Anthony read to him at bed time and the door had been shut ever since (with no cat on the inside), the chances of cat poop being in his bed seemed rather slim.

Anthony went to investigate and I followed behind shortly. What seems to have happened was that Max threw up in his sleep and then rolled around in it for a while. Yuck. Yeah. But, also very strange. The food was almost totally undigested and non smelly. So much so that Anthony went to check the fridge to see if the leftovers were still there. They were.

Also strange because I've never heard of anyone throwing up in their sleep - unless they were very drunk.

But, we got the bed changed, Max showered and in new pjs and then all went back to bed. This morning, because I asked, Max did say his stomach was a little sore. I asked if he needed to stay home from school. No, he wanted to go. He ate a little breakfast (not abnormally little - sometimes he's just not very hungry in the morning) and went off to school. We'll see if I get a call from the nurse!

We've gotta run to Girl Scouts!

2 comments:

  1. My 'rad-ish' son used to vomit in his sleep. There were many nights (even nap times) I would wake to hearing him vomitting or he would wake us up because he would have been sick.

    I find this interesting after reading your post.

    I'm new to your blog. Found it on the yahoo group you are on (I will not post here because of privacy reasons) check out my blog (then my 'other' blog...the link is on the top page of my blog. I have btdt..so i know your trials. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and link to your blog. I'll definitely be checking it out. I've got it bookmarked. :)

    ReplyDelete