Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dread

Max is off for his last day of first grade. Let's hope he lasts the day. I don't think anyone is really trying anymore to make it work.

I'm in tears off and on. He's regressed so much the last day or two. He squeezed my hand in an effort to hurt me this morning after elbowing me as he passed out the front door this morning. His attitude has been one of defiance and non-compliance basically 24/7 for the last few days, where as, usually, it comes and goes throughout the day. And, starting tomorrow he'll be doing 24/7 at home. For a week and a half. Until his first day camp starts.

And we'll be lucky if the day camp is a go. I got an email a couple of days ago that there were not enough kids, at this point, for the camp to go. I sent out word on my homeschooling lists, hoping for more people to sign up, but we'll see.

We can't afford to put him in all day daycare. And he probably really needs the home life. But. But, it's awful to have a child that rubs on you like sandpaper home all day. And, when he's like he's been the last couple of days, it's more like a cheese grater rubbing on me all day. So, what do I do?

Sending him to his room at the first infraction and having him stay there until Anthony comes home is sounding more and more appealing. Yeah. This is a great home life for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment