Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Therapy

Max and I had a therapy session this morning with his primary therapist. The person we've seen the last couple of times was only to deal with prescription stuff.

Max must be embarrassed by going because he told a kid in his class that he was going to Red Robin for lunch and that was why I was picking him up. Too bad he got back in time for lunch and may have to explain why he is still hungry after his Red Robin lunch.

Therapy itself was trying. Max didn't want to be there. He didn't want to answer the therapist's questions and, when he did, he wasn't truthful. He threw a couple of fits and then stole an extra sheet of stickers when he picked his out and, thus, lost both sheets.

In spite of all of this, his therapist doesn't want to see him for a month. She thinks he's making progress at home and doesn't need her. I guess. But it's still so hard.

In other news, I still haven't had sugary treats ever since I said I was quitting. I have had other treats (chips, fries - that sort of thing) as well as dark chocolate. Now, the dark chocolate thing was supposed to be an occasional piece, but it's getting a bit out of hand. Between the chocolate and sometimes overdoing other things because I feel deprived of dessert, I'm wondering if I need to have some sort of different mind set.

Anthony and I talked about having dessert on truly special occasions and listing out what those are - birthday, Christmas, adoption party - and then just not other times. And then live with it. And the dark chocolate either needs to fall into the same category or, perhaps, be somewhat more lenient about it - ie, one every camping trip or so - but still not have it available at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment