Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sporty Saturday and Lazy Sunday

We had a very sporty Saturday with a double header flag football game Saturday morning and a gymnastics fun meet Saturday afternoon.

Sadly, it rained on us at the football game, but then the day turned nice for pretty much the whole rest of the day. Max went off with my MIL and his cousin, Conor, after the football games for the afternoon/evening. He acted out about this before and briefly after the football game, but he seemed to enjoy his time there.

He wasn't invited to the meet because he and another sibling (same sibling from practice) ran wild all over the gym last meet. And he wasn't invited to dinner out because of the poor restaurant behavior on Friday. He'll get another chance for both now that he's sat them out. And he did have a good time doing what he was doing.

Davan had a good meet, which included her trying three more difficult skills than the other kids at her level. One was a great success - round off two back handsprings on floor - with no spot or anything. One was a close but not quite - cartwheel on beam by herself - she got two feet on, but wasn't able to stay on the beam. And the other was a success also with a very minimal (planned) spot - a quip on the bar. She was proud and happy about the meet with the exception of feeling disappointed about not getting her cartwheel. All three of those skills are level 5 skills and Davan is only going to level 4 team, so it's pretty great that she's got them down.

Anthony, Davan and I had a nice, quiet dinner out last night. It'll be okay when Max is with us again, but the break and ability to have a quiet, no arguing, no complaining, no thrashing about meal was nice.

I rode my bike quite a bit yesterday, as well. Well, quite a bit for me. Nothing for Anthony. We rode bikes over to the flag football game. I ended up doing it twice because I brought Davan back home when the rain started up in earnest. She was on her own bike, but we didn't want her to have to ride home alone. It's only 1.5 miles each way, but that means 6 miles total for me.

Then, after dinner, I rode to the library and then to Winco, getting in another 5 miles or so, pulling a load to the library and home from Winco, too. I feel good about using the bike. It's what I used to do all the time, but it's just so easy to get into the car and we've gotten into the habit. I feel a lot better about hopping on my bike, though, and when I'm in the habit, I hardly think about the car for the trips to Winco or the library (although I often walk that one).

Today brought us our usual Sunday morning pancakes and fruit breakfast. We're about to do some family fun before Davan's afternoon play date. Max was invited to make one, too, but he, so far, has struck out on inviting friends over for today. Poor kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment