Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Better Day

After our talk this morning, things went pretty well today. Don't get me wrong, Davan is still a 10 year old very sensitive girl, but things were pretty darn good.

We went swimming with our friend, Zoe, at a different pool than usual because ours is closed for a swim meet. It was fun, but far, and we won't do it often.

I've been procuring stuff for Anthony's birthday throughout the day. He will be doing his annual birthday ride up to Timberline Lodge tomorrow and Davan and I will be the support crew for his ride. We'll have snacks, fresh water, a lunch for at the lodge and sidewalk chalk for encouraging messages.

Today I took care of his birthday present. Yeah, a little last minute, what of it? I got some food from four different locals for snacks and lunch. Davan came along for one of the stops, which Zoe joined us for, as well, because it was near to swimming (Trader Joe's why won't you open a store in Gresham? I ask plaintively), but opted to stay home for another run out, which was supposed to be to only one store, but multiplied. Whew, that was a long sentence.

When I got home, she went to do her cat sitting duties while I sat at the computer like a bit of a lump. It's her night to make dinner, but she's asked for help with veggie chopping, so I'm off to do that. We're having veggie tort, which she's made before, but I haven't had because I was out of town. I guess it was good, though, as we're having the second showing.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having her make dinner...

    I think we will start implementing that. It can be a great, fun, bonding activity...

    Gala

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...

    i nominated you for an award. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

    ReplyDelete