Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wet Afternoon

Davan and I made a return trip to Rooster Rock State Park Friday afternoon. This time in the daylight.

We're on our third day of 100 degree plus temps here in the Portland metro area. It's very hot for here. We're just not used to this sort of thing. I know it's much worse for a lot of you out there, but, not us. I'm quite looking forward to Monday and the someplace in the 70's sort of weather that is predicted.

Meanwhile, though, I wanted to do what I could to make yesterday afternoon not just tolerable, but fun.

The water access was not overly great, but we did find a nice place to get wet and frolic in the water, after quite a trudge through mud and stilt. Davan and I spent a lovely few hours getting wet over and over, wrestling in the water and playing with mud. Just what the doctor (or therapist) ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment