Friday, August 22, 2008

Well, There Went a Couple of Hours

I've been trying to stick with this whole 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep thing. I think it's catching up with me. It's a little hard to tell because I started my period today and the whole PMS thing, not to mention the first day of my period, makes me tired anyway.

Never-the-less, I'm quite tired. I think I need more sleep. Maybe I'll live a shorter life, but I'll actually maybe get stuff done when I'm awake. As opposed to this morning. It's been a computer surfing sort of morning. Two hours worth now. Davan will be up any time and then it's off to gymnastics and then she has a play date this afternoon.

What will I be doing? Dreaming of a nap, probably.

So far, other than things like surfing the net and using the bathroom, I've managed to write the chore list for the day up on the board and pay one bill. My hand kind of shook while writing the check. Not a good sign.

-------------------------

Speaking of ways to waste time, we've been enjoying the Olympics around here. I say "enjoying", but I really mean obsessively watching, but sort of wishing for less TV time. We usually only watch about 2, maybe 3, hours of TV or videos a week. We've been watching 2, maybe 3, hours a day. Yikes! I feel like my brain is turning to mush.

The problem is that there is a lot we enjoy watching - gymnastics, diving, running (Anthony mostly on that), swimming (until it actually got to be too much swimming), BMX bike riding, any bike coverage, actually (Anthony mostly again) and beach volleyball. So, we keep tuning in...or, at least recording and watching the next evening. We all have bedtimes around here.

However. Two weeks worth of all of this TV is too much. Yeah, I suppose we could record and watch at our leisure over the course of the next month or so with several tapes to work with. But, would we? Probably not. It's not really the same. And we'd move on with our lives, I'm sure. So, why are we watching now when the enjoyment factor has gone way down?

Well, there was the gold metal women's beach volleyball last night. That was pretty exciting. And the gymnastics gala thing-a-ma-bobber. Of course, that ended up being not overly exciting. But, still, we tuned in. And enjoyed it enough to continue. It's definitely tinged with a little bit of, "Is this over yet?" though. Davan brought a magazine with her to the living room and spent most of the time reading, rather than watching. Perhaps she's the wise one.

No comments:

Post a Comment