Friday, August 01, 2008

So, yeah

What to post about now, that is the question.

First, how am I doing with Max being gone and really gone at that? Okay, I think. When I see pictures of him or am reminded of him, I feel a little tug on my heart, but mostly, I'm still just really relieved. My days are so much calmer. I can focus on other stuff now. There isn't a weight over my head, just waiting to drop, as it was even when Max was off at day camp or something. He just never truly became a part of the family, so I still feel like my family is intact.

I've been walking a lot, as it's what I'm doing while Davan is in gymnastics (other than watch her) and because Davan and I are walking places together - such as to the library and Boarders today.

We're looking at getting back on track food-wise. I can make dinners that are iffy and not have to worry about it. Anthony and Davan will either choke it down or find something else. They won't complain because I'm trying new stuff.

We'd written off the month of July food-wise. Between the disruption, company and going out of town, we ended up doing a lot of eating out, emotional eating and convenience eating. I'd given up on the not eating sugar thing a couple of months ago. So much for that.

We have a new plan, though, which seems like it should work. I'll perhaps post about it another day, as Anthony is waiting to watch an episode of Buffy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment