Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thinking, Chilling

I've been thinking that maybe I need to change the picture on my blog now. I will eventually. Probably when I find a new good one that's just the three of us. I'm kind of working on letting things naturally phase out rather than getting rid off all things Max right away.

For example, we still have his art work up on the wall of our toy room. I've told Davan that, as she wants to put new pictures up, she can take down any old ones she wants. The rule before was that you had to take down one of your own pictures if you were putting up a new one.

We still have our family portrait up in the living room. We'll replace it at some point, but the one with Max won't get put away in a drawer or where ever, either.

Our screen saver on the computer is all family pictures. Eventually there will be more that don't have Max than that do, but for now he's still showing up.

This is as it should be. He's been a part of our family for a long time. He's made his mark. I'm okay with that.

Now for the chilling part. Davan is off to Blue Lake Park for a few hours with friends shortly. Do you know what that means? It means I have time to myself for a few hours! Who-hoo! Davan, of course, also has gymnastics and I could take that time to myself, but she likes it when I stay, I enjoy watching, I can read my book just as easily there as at home (mostly) and it saves gas not to be dropping her off. So, the gymnastics time isn't really the same as her being picked up and taken someplace.

As it happens, though, I won't be staying at home and chilling the whole time. I have library needs, so I'm thinking I'll walk over there and then I also have Marionberry needs. Our local farm stand is selling them for $14 for a full flat this week, which is about half price. Who-hoo! Of course, that would be a little difficult to carry home, so I'm trying to decide if I need to take the car or bike/trailer out for that or if I can, indeed carry them home. It's about a half mile probably.

Okay. I'm off to help Davan with any last minute preparation for her outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment