Sunday, July 13, 2008

Can't Sleep

I'm sure it'll come as no surprise to anyone that I'm having trouble sleeping tonight. I imagine it won't be my last sleepless night, either, but it's been a long time since I've really slept well. Last night, at the Girl Scout sleep away, was no exception, of course. So, I'm really tired. But, I keep thinking about tomorrow. And the next day. And all week.

I'm thinking about the best thing to do after Max goes tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking a little ceremony between Anthony, Davan and I might be the best thing. A little remembrance of our time, giving permission to talk about the good and the bad and the in-between, a way to be together. I'm also thinking about just a simple way to be together - a short and easy hike, maybe? I don't know, but it doesn't feel right to just leave it to chance or to all go our separate ways as if it's a normal day. Not that we all go our separate ways on normal days, either, at least not all the time, but still.

But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment