Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm Back

I'm glad to be home after my visit with Chris. We had a great time with a lot of walking and playing cards. And a lot of eating. We also got in a visit with a high school friend and a yoga class that was really good.

While I'm glad to be home, it's also bitter sweet. I was very glad to see Davan and Anthony and be home in time to see Davan's gymnastics routine she'd been working on over the weekend (very Cir 'de Sole-ish), read to her at bedtime and watch an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (our current after Davan is in bed indulgence) with Anthony before bed.

However, it's also the day that Max is told that he's not coming back. I have to finish my pages for his life book and get his photo album together. Tomorrow we have to say good-bye. His case worker will be coming to get his belongings on Wednesday. At least, I think she will be. We haven't had a finalization about that or a time set yet. This will all be hard. Today is hard already. Many thanks to my friend and commenter, ami, who will be spending some time with me and her daughter with Davan this afternoon while I work on the life book and photo album.

I've made some changes to the letter and will post it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment