Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Just a Quickie

It was not an overly fun day. Max had a rough morning. We had an appointment with the person who prescribes his medicine, which meant that we got to see his therapist, too. It was a good time for me. Judgment hung heavy in the air. It's only my guilt that makes me feel judged, I know, but the guilt is there because I'd wanted to adopt and really have it be forever. That doesn't mean that I don't think we should disrupt. What I wanted doesn't really matter anymore. What matters is what's the best thing to do from here. His therapist and I don't agree on that.

There was swimming, which was good. A little exercise never harms anyone, especially when stressed. Max had time to spend with an adult friend (the afore mentioned Stephanie) who gave him lots of attention, which he needs.

What happens next is still up in the air, but there are plans afoot. Foster families being called, people making decisions. It's still unclear when Max will leave our home for sure, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment