Sunday, August 03, 2008

We Keep Finding Things

We thought we'd done a pretty through job of finding Max's belongings, but, of course, there are things we've missed. A Spiderman towel of his showed up in the laundry the day after we sent his things on. Yesterday evening, while playing croquette in the yard, we discovered a soccer ball of his. He had more than one and one definitely went with him.

At this point, we're probably not going to pass on the lingering items unless we find something with personal value to him. Neither of these items would fit in that category. If he were living locally, we'd pass them on through DHS, but, as he's not, we don't want to pass on more than small things unless they are important to him somehow.

I did make a disk of all the pictures we'd taken the whole time he lived here and will be passing that on, as I wasn't able to get it done before the good-bye meeting. I did have the life book and photo album done, though.

And as we come across this stuff? We're still okay. Davan, I still think, feels it more than anyone else because she worries about getting shipped off herself, even if she knows intellectually that won't happen. We just keep talking about it and giving her lots of extra love and attention. I have to admit that, whenever we disagree, I worry, "Will she think this means I don't love her and she'll have to leave?" I know that's not the case, but I don't know if she knows it bone deep anymore. That's sad. She shouldn't ever have to worry about that. It makes me wish we'd never gone down the adoption path for her to have to have those feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment