Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tired and On Edge

No, not me. I was tired yesterday for some reason unknown to me. I had slept well and relatively long the night before. I was still tired, though.

But, it's not about me. The title that is. It's about my dear, sweet daughter.

Davan and I have a great relationship. She's a really great kid. Most of the time I enjoy being around her. I couldn't imagine sending her to school for most of the day most of the year. I'd miss her. I would do it, mind you, if we had to or if she wanted to and be okay, but it's my preference to hang out with her.

Lately though? She's driving me nuts. She's tired a lot and sometimes things are just too much to cope with and she cries for no apparent reason. There's an edge to our relationship where I'm easily annoyed and she's easily melodramatic that's not overly helpful.

We are dealing with the backlash of Max leaving and a hormonal preteen, so some angst is to be expected. But, still. One can only live with so much before one complains. One being me.

I brought it up with her this morning. She cried and clung. I told her that no matter what she wasn't going anywhere and the look of relief was dramatic. I said that it didn't matter if we didn't get along for days or weeks (although not getting along is probably too dramatic for what we've been experiencing), that she was not going anywhere. She is a part of this family no matter what. We talked about that the issues with Max went way beyond not getting along for a while and I reminded her that he had a sort of sickness that didn't allow him to be a healthy member of the family and that she could not get that sickness - it's impossible.

Sadly, we had also told Max that he wasn't going anywhere. At the time we told him, we thought it was true. We were working hard for it to be true. But, I wouldn't have told him that if I could do it over. If I could do it over, though, things wouldn't have progressed beyond the meeting him stage. Ah well. Live and learn. And suffer the consequences.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Thanks. Im Inspired again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs)))

    It is a really tough spot. I can feel your pain. Really I can. I live it w/my 9 yr old. *who is also hormonal...I just shaved her arm hair for the 3-4 time*

    I think our girls "know" theya re not going anywhere. Subcounsiously (sp??) they are confused. There "thoughts" want to tell them other things. We still have issues w/Abi even though she "knew" 3 yrs ago he wasn't ocming back and it was 2 yrs ago that it was final he woudl never be coming back...

    Hold on tight - You're an Awesome Mom!! never forget that.

    ReplyDelete