Sunday, November 02, 2008

Flying and Other Pictures

Davan asked Anthony to take a picture of her leaping off of the stair into the living room. It turned into quite a photo shoot. Here are a few of my favorites:

One of the first:


After a few, she changed into one of her leos:


I like this one because she looks like a ghost:


Going into a dive roll:


Holding a very nice handstand:


My step dad took some old videos he'd made and had them put onto DVD. So, this morning, when we went to have breakfast and visit with them, we watched videos of me doing gymnastics. I was about 12 or so and it was at a meet. It was the peak of my gymnastics career. I did do harder stuff on my jr high team than was shown in the videos, to be fair. Still it was the best gymnastics shape I was ever in. I'd been doing it for several years. Davan is much more advanced - at least in her routines. I was working at a higher level at practice than I was doing at the meet because that's what my gym did. Still, though, Davan is much better, except maybe on bars, where I was pretty darn crisp, but I'm sure it won't take long before she surpasses me there, too. Frankly, I'm feeling a little humbled. Fly on, Davan.

1 comment:

  1. You know what's really cool? How much fun your family has together.

    :)

    ReplyDelete