Friday, November 07, 2008

Home Alone

This is my second evening of being home alone. Anthony is working late and Davan is at gymnastics. I was going to stay and watch her for a bit today, as Anthony wasn't going to be home, I'd already made cream of broccoli soup for dinner and I'd already both gotten in a bike ride and yoga. However, somehow in the course of the day, I'd skipped lunch.

Well, okay, not somehow. I wasn't hungry when Davan ate before she went on her playdate. I'd decided I'd eat after yoga. By the time I was done, though, it was after 2:00 and, while I was a bit hungry, I wasn't desperate for food, so I decided to wait until dinner. Plus, I was busy making the cream of broccoli soup and then running out the door.

I watched her for a while, but then skedaddled to get home and have dinner. Anyway, that left me here, all by my lonesome for the second night in a row.

It's quite nice, just sitting here, reading my book and being all quiet. I wouldn't want to do it every night, though. I have half a thought to go watch Davan for a bit, but a friend and I are supposed to walk soon, so there probably really isn't time. Plus, I don't always enjoy watching. I start fretting about how much standing around is being done, which isn't healthy for anyone, I imagine.

So, I'm back to my book and the solitude. A happy Friday evening to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment